10-Nights Ecuador: Amazon and Galapagos Islands
Journey to Ecuador, the “Republic of the Equator,” a country that sits on the equator and boasts an extraordinary geography. Be awestruck as you explore the Amazon rainforests from the ground and the tree tops, and visit the astonishing Galápagos Islands where you can encounter animal and plant species not found anywhere else on Earth.
10 nights from $9249 per person
Supplier: Adventures by Disney®
The Galápagos Archipelago is a unique world heritage. Situated on the equator 600 miles off the coast of South America, this remote volcanic archipelago remains much as it was millions of years ago. Over the centuries, animal and plant life from the Americas reached the islands and gradually evolved into new forms. Many of its species are found nowhere else on earth. Since Darwin's famous voyage, its marine and terrestrial ecosystems have provided a wealth of information and source of inspiration for people through the world. The "Enchanted Islands" continue to play an important role in our understanding of life on earth. The Galapagos experience offers world travelers a way to step back in time, to visit an isolated, relatively untouched place on earth.
Quito is a fantastic place to visit and the best place to start your Latin American journey. Quito is also the entertainment center in Ecuador with new bars and discos opening every week and also the best place to shop, either at the small souvenir shops or at big malls. Quito has many interesting cultural sites, historical sites, museums, private galleries, churches, exhibition centers, and theaters.
This tropical city of over two million people spreads out along the banks of chocolate-colored Guayas River, about 12 miles from Gulf of Guayaquil. The river, navigable for the largest of ocean vessels, makes this one of the Pacific's most important and best-protected ports. Visitors find the city itself is primarily valued as a gateway for the Galapagos Island and the rest of the country. Ecuador's scenic capital Quito can be reached via a 45-minute flight from Guayaquil. Lush green hillsides, snow-capped volcano cones and brilliant sunshine combine to make the city a charming surprise. Guayaquil offers a rich and interesting history. The meeting of Bolivar and San Martin is commemorated with the colonnaded La Rotunda facing the river. Other attractions include Colon Park where the city was founded, the Santo Domingo Church and the cemetery, often called the White City. With its elaborate tombs and monuments, this is one of South America's most striking burial grounds.
Nature lovers may enjoy a walk “on the high side” along this 656 feet-long walkway, 30 meters above the ground, which links the six tallest treetops of the area; this is the first and largest canopy walkway in America. Also in this area is the Biosphere Reserve of the Amazon, and the Amazonian Center for Environmental Education and Research laboratory. The Reserve protects 818,910 acres of pristine vegetation. Covering 8,106 sq miles Pacaya-Samiria is the largest reserve in Peru. The Reserve was created to preserve the wonderful flora and fauna of the lower jungle. The basin of the Pacaya and Samiria rivers includes eight big lakes and several lagoons. Among the uncommon water species, there are two kinds of cetaceans and a unique sirenid -the large marine cow or manati (thichechus inungis)- not found elsewhere in Peru.
Valid Travel Dates
- Outstanding accommodations
- Most meals during trip: 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 9 dinners
- The services of two Adventure Guides
- VIP access and private events
- Admission fees to attractions and performances
- Cultural experiences with local experts
- Napo River Canoe Excursion Paddle through a habitat of of the elusive pink river dolphin and other jungle wildlife
- Amazon Basin Riverboat Tour Explore the people and wildlife along the river on a private 4-night riverboat cruise
- Parrot Clay Licks Witness one of the oddest avian displays as hundreds of parrots flock to the walls made of clay to eagerly lick it up
- Galapagos Tortoise Reserve Learn about these beautiful creatures on a private tour of their natural habitat
- Nocturnal Rainforest Walk Experience the rainforest in a whole new light - in the dark - on this unique exploration
- Taste the Flavors of the Amazon Region Thrill your taste buds with the exotic flavors of the Amazon region's delicious dishes
- Traditional Ecuadorian Musical Entertainment Fill your soul with the rhythms of traditional Ecuadorian music
- Intinan Museum Learn about the daily lives of the native Ecuadorian tribes through exhibits and traditional performances
- Snorkeling in the Galapagos Enter an aquatic world where you'll spot an array of diverse marine with a backdrop of underwater extraordinary views
- Wildlife Viewing in the Galapagos Explore these unique islands and their wildlife population-home to the highest number of endemic species in the world
- Kayaking in the Galapagos Take to the waters and explore the surrounding ecosystem while you kayak atop the turquoise waters of the Galapagos
- Hiking in the Galapagos Traverse the trails through terrain as diverse as rainforests, beaches, jungles and bays
- Cruising Around the Galapagos Get a different perspective of the scenic landscapes-from a river boat, kayak, canoe or the Galapagos Legend ship
Note on Accommodations (Subject to Availability):
Parties of 3 Booked as a Triple:
- In Quito: 1 room with either 2 double beds or 1 king bed and 1 rollaway
- In Amazon: 1 room with 1 queen bed plus sofa bed—recommended for 2 adults and 1 child, 11 years old or younger, because of the size of the sofa bed. Two rooms, each with either 2 full beds or 1 queen, are assigned if all Guests are age 12 years and older
- In Galápagos: 1 cabin with 2 twin beds or 1 queen bed plus sofa bed (recommended for 2 adults and 1 child, 11 years old or younger. Anyone 12 years and older is considered an adult)
- In Guayaquil: 1 room with 2 full beds and 1 twin bed or 1 king bed and 1 twin bed
Parties of 4 Booked as 2 Doubles:
- In Quito: 2 rooms, each having either 2 double beds or 1 king bed
- In Amazon: 2 rooms with 2 full beds or 1 queen bed
- In Galápagos: 2 cabins with 2 twin beds or 1 queen bed
- In Guayaquil: 2 rooms, each having either 2 full beds or 1 king bed
NOTE: Connecting rooms are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
3838 Camino Del Rio N., Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92108
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.